Miller Johnson Pre-Law Student Intern
Miller Johnson partners with Grand Valley State University to provide an academic semester-long internship opportunity (two opportunities per year – fall and winter). The internship is intended to provide a pre-law student with exposure to a law firm environment, legal work, and legal professionals.
The position is scheduled for 10 hours per week while college is in session. The student will not be scheduled to work the weeks immediately preceding and during exams or during school breaks. The pay is $10 per hour.
The type of work to be performed will include the following:
- Legal support such as document review and deposition summaries.
- Opportunities to work with attorneys and observe attorneys “in action” in court and other legal proceedings.
- Assistance with the firm’s diversity and inclusion function. For example, the intern may help coordinate firm diversity and inclusion activities and events.
- Junior or senior at Grand Valley State University who intends to go to law school to pursue a legal career
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average
- Demonstrated commitment toward diversity and inclusion