Additional Resources for Transfer Students
- Transfer School Curriculum Guides
- Math Placement Information
- Reverse Transfer Agreements
- CCPS Major Worksheet
- Transfer Course Equivalency Guide
- You must submit an official transcript from that institution directly to GVSU. This is not done automatically or by your school.
- Send the transcripts prior to your scheduled transfer orientation session for the best advising information from our staff. If you can't send your transcripts come prepared with a list of the classes you have completed (course numbers/titles and grades) so that you receive appropriate advising at your orientation.
- You must have a 2.000 cumulative transfer GPA or better for courses with a D or better grade to transfer for credit per the equivalency guide
- All transfer students (community college and other 4-year schools) should also work with the GVSU admissions office to ensure you are aware of what you need to do to be admitted to GVSU. Your completed application must be submitted 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester you wish to enroll for. However, you should plan to apply well in advance of this deadline to ensure you are able to register for classes in a timely way or meet posted scholarship deadlines.
- Upon admission to GVSU you will receive information about Transfer Student Orientation & Registration (TSOR). CCPS Undergraduate Advising Center staff will coordinate these sessions to assist you with reviewing your transfer work and to make appropriate schedule selections for your first year at GVSU.
If you have scheduled your TSOR session, view additional information for CCPS students to prepare for your TSOR session.