GVSU Career Center
On-campus interviewing allows students to interview with various employers for internships and professional positions right here on GVSU’s campus. This is a great opportunity to meet with employers in a familiar and comfortable environment. Interviews are held on both the Allendale and DeVos campuses.
LakerJobs, our online internship and professional job posting site, provides a one-stop shop for searching, applying and signing up for interviews. Employers will post a position with LakerJobs and indicate if it is one of the following types of schedule:
- Open Schedule – An open schedule allows any applicant that meets the screening criteria to submit their resume and sign up for an interview time.
- Preselect Schedule – A preselect schedule allows the employer to set candidate screening criteria, review resumes and "invite" selected candidates to an interview. Applicants then select an available time to interview.
Please review the GVSU Career Center Student/Alumni No-Show Policy prior to participating in on-campus interviews.
How to Sign Up
- When exploring LakerJobs, hover over the top menu item “On-Campus Interviews”.
- The first menu option, “Sign-up for Interviews I qualify for”, will bring you to a page which displays ONLY the on-campus interviews for which you meet the screening criteria set by the employer. The second menu option, “VIEW ALL Upcoming Interviews (view only), will bring you to a page which lists ALL upcoming on-campus interviews regardless of the employers screening criteria. Please note that to sign up for an interview, you must first select the “Sign-up for Interviews I qualify for” menu item.
- When you find a position of interest, click on the Job Title, then click “Request Interview” and submit the required documents (you’ll need to upload your resume/cover letter and any supplemental materials first – do this by clicking the “My Account My Documents” tab on the top toolbar).
- For Preselect Schedules, you will receive an email if you’ve been selected to interview. Click “My Account My Activity” on the top toolbar to sign up for an interview slot and to view/manage all of your on-campus interview information. Open Schedules will allow you to sign up any time before the schedule’s close date.
If you are interested in a particular employer who is interviewing on campus, you can also search for that employer by name by clicking on the “Employer Search” tab on the top toolbar and looking at their available positions.
Never interviewed before or need assistance fine tuning your resume before you apply? Feel free to meet with a Career Advisor by calling 616-331-3311 (Allendale) / 616-331-6708 (Grand Rapids) or stopping in during Time for Ten. They can help answer any questions and help position you to put your best foot forward!
Page last modified March 14, 2014