GVSU Career Center
In an effort to further internship programming at Grand Valley State University, the Career Center would like to encourage you to take advantage of the Internship Mini Grant (IMG). This is a great opportunity to help create, expand, or enhance internship or practicum initiatives in your department.
Previous recipients of the IMG have used this funding to create informative and interactive websites, build employer connections within the community, and organize internship panels/recruitment events for their academic areas. Funding can also be used to pay a faculty, staff, or student for time spent on internship initiatives (please note the grant cannot be used to pay an individual intern unless that intern is hired to work specifically on internship programming that will benefit the students in your discipline(s) or GVSU students in general). Ideally, the IMG will be used to:
- Develop an internship program for your academic area if one currently does not exist
- Expand internship opportunities for students through employer development
- Provide networking/recruiting opportunities for students
To apply, submit a 1- 2 page proposal by November 16, 2012 identifying:
- How this assistance will help impact the quality of, and/or quantity of students participating in your department’s experiential education program
- A break down of how your department will utilize the funding (including total amount requested)
- Desired outcome for implementation
- Start and completion dates
- Contact person
- Name of person receiving compensation for this project (if applicable)
- Proposals can be submitted to the Career Center, 206 STU, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Career Center
- Funding notification and disbursement will be made January 2013
- Project status report identifying how you have utilized the IMG and the impact it had on your department’s internship programming must be returned to the Career Center by September 6, 2013.
Please do not hesitate to contact Rachel Becklin if you have any questions regarding the IMG at 331-3468 or email@example.com. Thank you for your continued support of experiential education and its positive impact on students and the community!
Page last modified November 1, 2012