GVSU Career Center
In an effort to further internship programming at Grand Valley State University, the Career Center would like to encourage you to take advantage of the Internship Mini Grant (IMG). This is a great opportunity to help create, expand, or enhance internship or practicum initiatives in your department.
Previous recipients of the IMG have used this funding to create informative and interactive websites, build employer connections within the community, and organize internship panels/recruitment events for their academic areas. Funding can also be used to pay a faculty, staff, or student for time spent on internship initiatives (please note the grant cannot be used to pay an individual intern unless that intern is hired to work specifically on internship programming that will benefit the students in your discipline(s) or GVSU students in general). Ideally, the IMG will be used to:
- Develop an internship program for your academic area if one currently does not exist
- Expand internship opportunities for students through employer development
- Provide networking/recruiting opportunities for students
- To apply, click here to submit a proposal by November 15, 2013.
Proposals will require the following information:
- How this assistance will help impact the quality of, and/or quantity of students participating in your department’s experiential education program
- A breakdown of how your department will utilize the funding (including total amount requested. Previous recipients have received anywhere from $100 to $6,000)
- Desired outcome for implementation
- Start and completion dates (Funding must be utilized between January 2014 and December 2014)
- Contact person
- Name of person receiving compensation for this project (if applicable)
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Career Center
- Funding notification and disbursement will be made January 2014
- Project status report identifying how you have utilized the IMG and the impact it had on your department’s internship programming must be returned to the Career Center by September 12, 2014.
Please do not hesitate to contact Rachel Becklin if you have any questions regarding the IMG at 331-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continued support of experiential education and its positive impact on students and the community!
Page last modified September 27, 2013