Inclusive Prayer/Meditation Room
Room 2243 of the Kirkhof Center has been dedicated as a space for personal meditation, prayer, or reflection. Faculty, staff, and students should feel free to use this space while on campus. The room is not reservable and is available for use whenever the Kirkhof Center is open.
The Interfaith Space Task Force has established the following guidelines to regulate the use of this space with the hope that it will be a welcome sanctuary for people of all faiths and non-faith practices.
Guidelines for use of the Inclusive Prayer/Meditation Room:
- Silence is valued in this space.
- Please use this space for its intended purposes only [prayer and meditation].
- Please be cognizant and respectful of the personal space of others.
- The posting or leaving of materials of any kind, in this room, is prohibited. All printed materials left in the room will be disposed of.
- Gatherings that cannot be conducted in silence should be done in other rooms. Contact Event Services at (616) 331-2350 to reserve a room.
- If you have any general concerns about this space, please submit them at gvsu.edu/inclusion/ifroomconcerns.
- To report a Bias Incident visit gvsu.edu/bias.
- If you feel that you are being discriminated against based on your faith or non-faith tradition, visit http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/how-to-file-a-complaint-3.htm to report a discrimination or harassment complaint.
- If you feel that your safety is being threatened, contact Public Safety at (616) 331-3255 or 911.