Title: Full Professor
Office: L. William Seidman Center, 3065
Carol Sánchez, Full Professor in Management, teaches courses in international management and strategic management to graduate and undergraduate students. She earned her doctorate in business administration from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. She was instrumental in creating the International Business major and minor at GVSU in the late 1990s. She implements and coordinates international business programs, and creates initiatives to promote an active international business agenda in education, research, and service for the Seidman College of Business. Sanchez’ teaching and research focus on international management, international business education, the effects of social variables on managerial actions, and top management teams, and she has published in the Journal of Business Research, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Business Strategies, and Research in Corporate Social Performance, among others. Before her academic career, Sánchez worked for 13 years in five Latin American countries as Director of Overseas Programs for a US international development agency. She has won four competitive federal grants from the U.S. Department of Education, and numerous State Department and USAID grants. She has taught international and strategic management in Chile, France, Mexico, and Spain. She has consulted with business organizations in Honduras and Thailand, and she has lectured on global strategic management to executive groups in Mexico, Poland, and Sarajevo. She serves on for-profit and not-for profit boards, and she is active in other local business organizations She is bilingual in Spanish and her native English.
- DBA, Strategic Management/Organizational Theory, Southern Illinois University. (1995).
- BIS, Latin American Studies, School for International Training. (1976).
- Strategic Management and Organizational Performance
- International Management
- Strategy and Structure of International Firms
- International Business Education
- Organizations in Emerging Economies
- Lehnert, K., Sanchez, C., Pope, J. A., Schmid, A. (2013). Why do Gen Y students study abroad? Initial Factors in Study Abroad. Bernie Keys Library.
- Sanchez, C., Schmid, A. (2013). Serving Customers at the Base of the Pyramid. Grand Rapids, MI: Seidman Business Review.
- Goldberg, S. R., Sanchez, C. (2013). M&A UPDATE AND CROSS-BORDER M&AS: CONSIDERATIONS FOR MIDDLE-MARKET FIRMS. Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, 24(2), 4-10.
- Editorial and Review Activities, Family Business Review, Editorial Board Member, approximately 20 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, International. (November 2008 - Present).
- Editorial and Review Activities, Journal of Business Ethics, Editorial Board Member. (2006 - Present).
- University, International Education Committee, Committee Member. (2006 - Present).