Title: Department Chair
Office: L. William Seidman Center, 3075
Dr. Jaideep Motwani is Chairperson and Professor of Management at the Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University since 2000. He received his Ph.D. degree in Operations Management from University of North Texas. He has co-authored 15 books and published more than 150 articles in prestigious journals such as Operations Research, IEEE Transactions of Engineering Management, European Journal of Operations Management, International Journal of Production Research, Omega, Business Horizons, Journal of Operational Research Society, among others. Majority of Dr. Motwani’s publications are in the area of total quality management, lean manufacturing, strategic manufacturing, technology management and global competitiveness. In 2004, Dr. Motwani was ranked among the Top 1% Researcher in the field of Technology Management by the International Association of Management of Technology (IAMOT). He also appears in several Who’s Who in the World publications annually and is the recipient of the Michigan Outstanding Educator’s Award granted by the Governor of Michigan.
- PH.D., Production/Operations Management, Management Science, University of North Texas. (1990).
- MBA, Finance, Sam Houston State University. (1986).
- BBA, Accounting, Bombay University. (1984).
- Service Operations
- Motwani, J., Ptacek, R., Fleming, R. Lean Sigma Methods and Tools for Service Organizations: The Story of a Cruise Line Transformation.
- Akbulut-Bailey, A. Y., Smedley, E., Motwani, J. (2012). When Lean and Six-Sigma Converge: A Case Study of a Successful Implementation of Lean Six-Sigma at an Aerospace Company. International Journal of Technology Management.
- Hu, X., Motwani, J. (in press). Determine targets with revenue maximization and downside risk hedging considerations under the stochastic setting. To appear in International Journal of Operational Research.
- Community, APICS, Member.
- Community, Stepping Stones Montessori School, Service activities and fund raiser.
- Editorial and Review Activities, Benchmarking: An International Journal, Editorial/Review Position.