Title: Full Professor
Office: L. William Seidman Center,3067
Promoted to full professor in 2004. Published over 80 articles in top journals. Received Outstanding Contributions to Seidman College award in 2003, Distinguished Contributions to a Discipline award from Grand Valley State University (GVSU) in 2008, and Distinguished Service to Management by AIMS in 2009, Glenn A Niemeyer Outstanding Faculty award in 2012 (GVSU), Fulbright-Nehru Scholar award from Center for International Scholar Exchange in 2012 and Lifetime Achievement in Operations Management in 2012 from IIT Delhi. In 2011 two papers were selected for inclusion in Operations Research Encyclopedia. Currently serving in senior editorial capacities of five operations/supply chain management journals.
- PH.D., Operations Management, Management Information Systems, Purdue University. (1990).
- MS, Quality and Reliability Engineering, University of Birmingham, UK. (1978).
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India. (1970).
- BS, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry, Agra University, India. (1965).
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Quality Management Six Sigma
- Operations Strategy
- Meta Research on Operations Management Modules
- Sustainable operations
- Triple Bottom Line
- Prasad, S. K., Shankar, R., Kumar, A. IT Services Supply Chain Coordination under Risk Sharing (vol. 1, pp. 226-231). Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi: Society of Operations Management: 16th Annual Conference Proceedings.
- Kulshrestha, P. K., Kumar, A. Sustainability reporting parameters and practices in construction and real estate industry: A comparative study of US and India (vol. 2, pp. 108-113). Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi: Society of Operations Management: 16th Annual Conference Proceedings.
- Caprihan, R., Kumar, A., Stecke, K. E. (in press). Evaluation of the Impact of Information Delays on FMS Performance in Dynamic Scheduling Environments. To appear in Springer, 42.
- Community, Asian Center of West Michigan, President/Elect/Past, approximately 100 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, Regional. (January 2010 - Present).
- Editorial and Review Activities, International Journal of Quantitative and Operations Management, Judge, approximately 20 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, International. (2008 - Present).
- Editorial and Review Activities, Operations Management Education Review Journal, Co-Editor, approximately 100 hours spent per year, Hours, appointed, International. (February 2005 - Present).