Title: Full Professor
Office: L. William Seidman Center, 3154
Professor Harris (M.B.A, J.D., LL.M (Tax), C.P.A.), teaches in our graduate tax program (M.S.T.). His primary teaching and research areas are Corporate Tax and Partnership Tax. His articles have appeared in The Tax Lawyer (A.B.A), the Virginia Tax Review, as well as various professional tax journals, including The Journal of Taxation, The Journal of Pass-Through Entities, Journal of Estate Planning, Corporate Taxation, Business Entities, and others. Professor Harris has received Teaching and Research Awards at Grand Valley State University and other institutions. He is a full professor and holds the L. William Seidman Research Chair.
- LLM, Tax Law, Georgetown University Law Center. (1989).
- JD, Law, University of Maryland School of Law. (1981).
- MBA, Accounting and Finance, University of Maryland. (1977).
- BS, Accounting, University of Maryland. (1974).
- Corporate Tax
- Partnership Tax
- Estate and Gift Taxation.
- Community, Speaker, West Michigan Tax Symposium 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009.
- College, Coordinator, MST Advisory Committee. (2006 - Present).
- College, MST Advisory Committee. (2006 - Present).