Title: Full Professor
Office: L. William Seidman Center, 3045
Vijay Gondhalekar has a PhD in Finance from the University of Pittsburgh. His teaching interests are in the areas of Corporate Finance, Investments, and Derivative Assets. He received the University Outstanding Teacher Award in 2011 and the Pew Teaching Excellence Award in 2007. His research interests are in the areas of Corporate Finance (Corporate Control), Behavioral Finance, and Asset Pricing. His research work has been published in Journals such as The Financial review, Advances in Financial Economics, Quarterly Journal of Business and Economics, among others. He regularly works as a referee for journals such as The Financial Review, The Journal of Multinational Financial Management, and The Journal of Economics and Business.
- PH.D., Finance, University of Pittsburg. (1997).
- MBA, Finance, University of Akron. (1987).
- BS, Chemistry, University of Bombay, India. (1979).
- Finance Investments
- Derivative Assets
- Gondhalekar, V., Joshi, M., McKendall, M. (in press). Short-and long term share price reactions to announcements of financial restatements. To appear in Advances in Financial Economics, 15, 149-172.
- Blose, L., Gondhalekar, V. (in press). Gold Weekend Returns in Bull and Bear Markets. To appear in Accounting and Finance/Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand.
- Pettengill, G., Gondhalekar, V., W. J. (2012). Simulation of risk and return distributions: Short-Selling versus Put options (2012th ed., pp. 64-71). Decision Sciences Institute.
- College, FIMBA Committee, Member, appointed. (January 2012 - December 2012).
- College, MBA Committee, Member, appointed. (January 2012 - December 2012)
- College, Seidman Faculty Awards Committee, Committee Chair. (2012).