Denise de la Rosa
Title: Associate Professor
Office: L. William Seidman Center, 3150
Dr. Denise de la Rosa, Associate Professor of Accounting, earned a Ph.D. in Accounting at the University of North Texas, a Master of Accountancy degree at Ferris State University, a M.A. in International Relations at the University of Southern California, and a B.A. in Political Science from Wayne State University. During her academic career, Dr. de la Rosa has taught both in the United States and overseas.
While at Grand Valley she was voted “Outstanding Accounting Professor” multiple times by the Kappa Beta Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, and received the Pineapple Award from the International Student Association as the “Outstanding Faculty of the 2007-2008 Academic year.” Her research is published in both scholarly and practitioner journals in the U.S. and Poland such as Critical Perspectives on Accounting, Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, The Ohio CPA Journal, Metody Teoretyczne, and Rachunkowosc.
- PH.D., Accounting, International Economics, University of North Texas. (1996).
- Macc, Accounting, Ferris State University. (1991).
- MA, International Relations, University of Southern California. (1979).
- BA, Political Science & Slavic Languages, Wayne State University. (1972).
- Szychta, A., de la Rosa, D. Journal article. Zeszyty Teoretyczne Rachunkowosci, 67(124), 121-145.
- Department, Graduate Accounting Committee, Member, approximately 20 hours spent per year, Hours. (July 2012 - Present).
- Department, Accounting Internship Coordinator, Internship Coordinator, approximately 60 hours spent per year, Hours, International. (August 2011 - Present).
- Professional, Zeszyty Teoretyczne Rachunkowosci, Editorial Board Member, approximately 10 hours spent per year, Days, appointed, International. (August 2011 - Present).