Internship and Job Opportunities
Internships may be one of the BEST investments you can make in your future!
- Assist in deciding on a future career path
- Possible job offer at the completion of the internship
- Potential to earn money while gaining experience
- Establish relationships with employers and fellow interns
- Build interviewing skills
Look for available internship postings at the following locations:
- Seidman Undergraduate Student Services, 1st floor, DeVos Center
- SCB online internship postings: www.gvsu.edu/business
- An internship must be a new learning experience. You cannot do more than one internship at the same organization.
- You must be eligible to be admitted into SCB, and completed at least 9 hours of business core requirements.
The internship program is based on the following criteria:
- You may use from 1 to 6 credits for internships/independent study, but the combined total must not exceed 6.
- Minimally, you must work 50 hours for each academic credit granted. You should not sign up for more than 3 credits.
- Internships are graded as Credit/No Credit. You are required to complete course requirements; including log sheets, participation in a Blackboard discussion forum, performance evaluation forms, and a final report.
Internship Contact Information
Students interested in a management internship should contact Tami Kraker, the Internship Coordinator. She can be reached by calling 331-7500, or via e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last modified May 14, 2012