University Budgets

Appointment/Position Information

Position Numbers

Overview of Position Types, Required Forms & Department Contacts
The University Budgets office is responsible for issuing new position numbers.  This link will open a file containing an overview of position types, required forms and departmental contacts.

Check for Existing Position Number
If you are preparing to add a position, please check to see if an appropriate position number already exists for the FOAP that will be funding the position (you will need the Fund and Org codes for this.)

Permanent Staff, Affiliate or Visiting Faculty & 12 Month Adjunct AP
If the position is for a permanent staff, affiliate or visiting faculty, or 12 month Adjunct AP, please refer to the HR Website for more information.

Temporary, Student & Other Pooled Positions
If the position is a Temporary, Student or other pooled position, and a position number does not exist, please complete the Position Number Request Form (and Temporary Employment Authorization Form when required) and submit it to the University Budgets Office in 2015 JHZ (fax 331-3287)


Other Forms & Information:  
Position Number Ranges                                                                    Handout from 1/19 Workshop  
Position Number Request Form (Word Document)  
Borrowed People/Grant Release Form  


Page last modified December 3, 2014