The Biosafety Manual manual contains:
- procedures for acquiring authorization to use, purchase or possess biohazardous agents;
- responsibilities of the IBC, Biosafety Officer, and users of biohazardous agents;
- safety precautions to follow when working with biohazards;
- emergency procedures for handling accidents involving biohazardous agents;
- procedures for disposal of biohazards;
- GVSU's Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan
All other appropriate regulations and guidelines (radiation, chemical, occupational safety, etc.) must also be followed.