February 13th 11am-3pm Pew Campus Student Project Area DeVos Building C
Trying to find some balance in your life? GVSU’s first Wellness Summit has much in store for all who participate. Attendees will:
- Learn about campus wellness programs and resources available for students, faculty and staff.
- Hear from GVSU students, faculty and staff who are/have implemented healthy lifestyles and walk away with real world situations, challenges and solutions for how to approach living healthfully.
- Understand GVSU’s strategy and efforts to be the healthiest campus in the nation and how to engage to better one’s own personal health and well-being as well as the health and well-being of the university community.
Personal Wellness Strategies that Work
KEYNOTE SPEAKER PANEL, 12-12:45pm,
LIB 100 APPROVED
The 1st bi-annual GVSU Wellness Summit will be hosting a panel of presenters to share their secrets and philosophy for “Finding Balance” in wellness. Attendees will walk away with unique perspectives of what wellness means, and ideas on how to apply strategies that have worked for “experts” in the field.
- George Heartwell, former mayor of Grand Rapids and GVSU Community Sustainability Coordinator
- Dr. Nancy Giardiana, Professor of Movement Science and Past Vice Provost for Student Success
- Ranelle Brew, Chair, Department of Public Health and Director, Master of Public Health Program at GVSU
- Latrece McDaniel Licensed Social Worker, and coordinator of multicultural and diversity initiatives with the University Counseling Center
Sponsored by members of the GVSU Health and Wellness Task Force: Campus Recreation, Campus Dining, Human Resources, Sustainability, KCON, Public Health, GVSU Counseling Center, Biomedical Sciences, Movement Science
Call for Abstracts
Present the work that you do with Health & Wellness at GVSU!