Requirements to Participate in START BYF Intensive Training
Intermediate School Districts and Local Education Agencies are expected to be the primary applicant of this training series in partnership with community agencies supporting individuals in their transition to adulthood. Preference will be given to districts / ISDs:
- that demonstrate significant need as well as high numbers of students with ASD.
- are in geographic areas that have been underserved.
- that work in collaboration with community agencies and adult support organizations.
To participate, a school system must do the following:
- Submit application to the START office - 2014-15 BYF Intensive Training Application (.doc)
- Assemble a team comprised of 5-7 school professionals around a target student with ASD. Teams can include, but are not limited to, the general education teacher, special education teacher, school psychologist, school social worker, provider of speech and language, occupational therapist, transition coordinator, ISD or school administrator. Each team should include the parent(s) of the target student.
- Facilitate and coordinate the logistics of the intensive training.
Training costs including the presenters, materials, and resources are provided at no cost to the district. District responsibilities include costs of professional time away from the classroom or other responsibilities, the costs for a training facility, and refreshments and/or lunch for participants.
Page last modified March 17, 2014