Requirements to Participate in START Intensive Training
To participate, a school system must do the following:
- Submit application to the START office - 2013-14 K-12 Intensive Training Application (.doc)
- Assemble a team comprised of 5-7 school professionals around a target student with ASD. Teams can include, but are not limited to, the general education teacher, special education teacher, school psychologist, school social worker, provider of speech and language, occupational therapist, ISD or school administrator. Each team should include the parent(s) of the target student.
- Facilitate and coordinate the logistics of the intensive training.
- Assemble a group of professionals who can serve as Trainer/Coaches in the years following intensive training.
- Connect with or develop as a Regional Collaborative Network.
Training costs including the presenters, materials, and resources are provided at no cost to the district. District responsibilities include costs of professional time away from the classroom or other responsibilities, the costs for a training facility, and refreshments and/or lunch for participants.
Page last modified February 8, 2013