Arts at Noon brings nationally and internationally-known musicians to Grand Valley State University for hour-long performances at noon on 14 Wednesdays each year. All performances are held in Cook-DeWitt Center on the Allendale campus (see map) and are free for students, faculty, and the general public.
The Winter 2018 lineup includes a string quartet, a double-bassist specializing in new music, an internationally-known early music ensemble, an Indian classical dancer, a Jazz Duo, and the GVSU Faculty Woodwind Quintet and String Trio!
Winter, 2018 Performances
- JANUARY 24 - Perugino Quartet
- CANCELLED FEBRUARY 14
- ADDED FEBRUARY 28 - Robert Black, Double-Bassist
- MARCH 14 - Ensemble Caprice - early music
- MARCH 21 - Sanjukta Banerjee
- MARCH 28 - Bertoncini and Knific Jazz Duo
- APRIL 4 - Grand Valley Winds
- APRIL 18 - GVSU String Trio
Winter 2018 Flyer
Note to Students
We are delighted to make this wide variety of outstanding performances available so that you can have a 50 minute musical respite in the middle of a hectic day of classes. We simply ask that you abide by the following concert good manners so that other audience members and the performers are not disturbed:
- Arrive on time. Latecomers will be seated between numbers or after a movement. However, when you have to search for a seat in the middle of an aisle during the concert, it is always a distraction.
- Leave on time. And that time is 12:50! We take great pains to make sure that performances are finished by 12:50 so that you have the standard 10 minutes between classes. Just as you do not leave your classes before the professor dismisses you, do not leave the performance before 12:50.
- Look at only one "device" during the concert...your concert program. All electronic devices must be out of sight and silenced.
- On the day of a performance, GVSU visitors may park in LOT H between 11 am and 2 pm without getting a ticket. See the map.
- Those who have difficulty walking from LOT H to Cook-Dewitt Center may park in the west end of LOT H and take a shuttle to Cook-DeWitt. If you desire to use this shuttle service, please arrive no later than 11:45. See the parking map for location of the shuttle pickup.