Arts at Noon brings nationally and internationally-known musicians to Grand Valley State University for hour-long performances at noon on 14 Wednesdays each year. All performances are held in Cook-DeWitt Center on the Allendale campus (see map) and are free for students, faculty, and the general public.
The Fall 2017 lineup includes a string quintet, an internationally-known guitar duo, a well-known reed quintet, two outstanding cello events, the Grand Rapids Symphony and the popular GVSU Faculty Brass Quintet Holiday Concert!
Fall 2017 Performances
- SEPTEMBER 20 - Dvorak String Quintet
- OCTOBER 11 - Cello Fest!
- OCTOBER 25 - Duo Guitarists - Johannes Möller and Laura Fraticelli
- NOVEMBER 1 - The Grand Rapids Symphony
- NOVEMBER 15 - Akropolis Reed Quintet
- NOVEMBER 29 - Nick Photinos - new music
- DECEMBER 6 - GVSU Brass Quintet Holiday Concert
NOTE: The menu on the left will soon be available for you to explore these upcoming performances.
Note to Students
We are delighted to make this wide variety of outstanding performances available so that you can have a 50 minute musical respite in the middle of a hectic day of classes. We simply ask that you abide by the following concert good manners so that other audience members and the performers are not disturbed:
- Arrive on time. Latecomers will be seated between numbers or after a movement. However, when you have to search for a seat in the middle of an aisle during the concert, it is always a distraction.
- Leave on time. And that time is 12:50! We take great pains to make sure that performances are finished by 12:50 so that you have the standard 10 minutes between classes. Just as you do not leave your classes before the professor dismisses you, do not leave the performance before 12:50.
- Look at only one "device" during the concert...your concert program. All electronic devices must be out of sight and silenced.
- On the day of a performance, GVSU visitors may park in LOT H between 11 am and 2 pm without getting a ticket. See the map.
- Those who have difficulty walking from LOT H to Cook-Dewitt Center may park in the west end of LOT H and take a shuttle to Cook-DeWitt. If you desire to use this shuttle service, please arrive no later than 11:45. See the parking map for location of the shuttle pickup.