Salary and Benefits Subcommittee Minutes September 6, 2013
Salary and Benefits Subcommittee
September 6, 2013
Attendance: Julie Amon, Whitney Marsh, Ron Perkins, David Smith, Jennifer Schick, Andrea Westdorp, Quincy Williams, Susan Proctor, Linda Yuhas.
New Member Introductions–
- Andrea had everyone do a short introduction just to be sure no one was missed.
Old Business -
- Nothing pending.
- Upcoming October 4th meeting to be held in 2264 KC, Dave Smith will talk about the open enrollment process and we will try and schedule a tour of the new library at the end of the meeting.
- Our November 1st meeting will be held in 340 CHS and Dave Smith will be speaking about the Health Care Blue Book as well as MI Higher Education benefits comparisons.
- Lindsey DesArmo will be the guest speaker for our December 6 meeting in Allendale. Lindsey will be updating us on Healthy Choices as well as the role of Health and Wellness Ambassadors.
- We may or may not have first week meetings for the months of March and April due to spring break activities, more info to come in the near future.
- Linda Yuhas presented her Compensation 101 information highlighting several aspects of AP Employment Compensation topics as well as the great lengths and extensive processes by which GVSU ensures the best working conditions and support for its employees. It was a very informative presentation, thank you very much Linda.
- This website on the Human Resources webpage is a great resource. http://www.gvsu.edu/hro/employment-compensation-58.htm
- Linda encourages staff members to contact her with concerns. She is willing to meet with staff members individually.
- Dave Smith spoke of some exciting new developments in our health benefits, these changes will be revealed in detail in the next few weeks. Thanks, Dave.
- Jennifer Schick updated the subcommittee after having their first official meeting. Their focus was on finding better avenues of communication between administration, committees and employees. They are continuing to work on the A & P survey.
- Friday, October 4, 8:30am-10:30am, 2264 KC
- Friday, November 1, 8:30am-10:30am, 340 CHS
Minutes respectfully submitted by:
Page last modified September 27, 2013