Professional Development Minutes November 12, 2013
The AP Professional Development Subcommittee met on November 12th, 2013 at 8:30 am on the Devos campus. Chair, Kate VanDerKolk welcomed members and opened the meeting. Members in attendance included:
- Amy Campbell (group 1)
- Takeelia Garrett-Lynn (group 2)
- Luke DeMott (group 3)
- Audra Courtade (group 4)
- Brad Gordon (group 5)
- Kate VanDerKolk (group 6)
- Maggie McCrystal (HR)
- Sienna Mavima (AP committee representative)
Recent Excellence Series seminars were discussed:
- Generational Differences in the Workplace Received very good reviews. Discussion on bringing Mitzi back in the fall for both an Allendale and downtown seminar.
We also discussed the AP Survey Results; Kate will add some slides to the overall slideshow. We discussed that:
- Most people are motivated or somewhat motivated to attend events.
- Most people are satisfied with the Professional Development offered.
- People are not aware that they can suggest topics (we discussed adding that fact to the excellence series newsletter).
- Discussed the possibility of adding some sort of incentive program (ex. leadership academy).
Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 10th at 8:30am in KC 2243.