Professional Development Minutes March 6, 2013
Members in attendance included:
Laura Kennett, Bradley Gordon, Kate VanDerKolk,Takeelia Garrett-Lynn, Brenda Lindberg.
The Excellence Series sessions discussed were;
- Working with International Students, Faculty, and Staff by Kate Stoetzner
- Leadership Your Team Can Follow by Kim Monahan
Overall, most of the evaluations reflected a high level of satisfaction with the sessions. Some requested topics for future consideration included:
- Conflict resolution
- Dealing with difficult people
- Empowering your staff
Other suggested topics for trainings discussed:
- Takeelia suggested a potential topic for consideration for future trainings: Active Shooter on Campus offered by Counseling Center and Public Safety.
- Kate suggested a contact in the math department who is also a trained mediator who might be able to help with a conflict management topic. She will have to get his name and get back to us.
We reviewed the upcoming sessions and made sure moderators were assigned and aware of their dates and locations.
AP Award nominations are open. Nominate a deserving co-worker!
For those who are completing their term this spring, please consider nominating a replacement from your group.
- Wednesday, April 10th, 1:00 p.m. Kirkhof 2243
- Wednesday, May 8th, 11:30-1pm AP Open Forum Kirkhof GRR
- Wednesday, May 8th 1pm-2pm 2243 Kirkhof Center.
Meeting adjourned at 1:35 p.m., minutes submitted by Laura Kennett March 6, 2013.