AP Professional Development Committee Meeting January 14, 2014
AP Professional Development Committee
January 14th, 2014 Meeting Minutes
Location: Allendale Campus, Kirkhof 2243
Luke DeMott (group 3)
Brad Gordon (group5)
Takeelia Garrett-Lynn (group 2)
Maggie McCrystal (Human Resources)
Sienna Mavima (AP committee rep)
Amy Campbell (group 1)
Not in attendance: Kate VanderKolk (group 6) Audra Courtade (group 4)
No Agenda was distributed in advance of the meeting.
A moderator was requested for the February 20th session “International Students in the Classroom” Kirkhof room 2263 1:30-4:30p
- Takeelia offered to moderate
Amy asked if there were any formal preventative trainings in regards to Emergency Management for Faculty or Staff. This is something they are pursuing as a department and from a building standpoint.
- No formal trainings were identified that were mandatory. Maggie suggested Christine Renner with FTLC.
- She stated that there are forums held in the Business and Finance Division for risk management.
- Takeelia stated that University Counseling has developed an Emergency Action folder that will be distributed to all Faculty and Staff that provides resources and protocol related to Emergency management.
- The Division of Student Services will be forming an Emergency Management Committee/group to improve efforts and communication.
- Discussion on various high-risk situations on college campus and in the community.
Reminder that “Getting to Know your GVSU Better” is Wednesday February 26th from 8:30-10:30a, Kirkhof room 2266.
Maggie will not be attending the February 11th meeting.
Next meeting Tuesday February 11th at 8:30a in Kirkhof 2243
Minutes by Amy Campbell
Page last modified January 15, 2014