AP Committee Minutes February 18, 2013
Minutes - February 18, 2013
KC 2201, Allendale Campus
Present: Michelle McCloud (Chair), Ed Simon, Jamie Schlagel, Jennifer Schick, Jim Seufert, Michelle DeWitt, Mike Kluczyk, Nicholas Nelson, Valerie Jones, Scott Richardson (ex-officio), Kim Walton
Absent: Jackie Rautio, Quincy Williams
- Approval of Minutes from 1/28/13 - Approved
- Event Updates
- AP Open Forum (May 8th) How to increase participation? Bring ideas for marketing the next open forum to next AP Committee meeting. Survey group members about why they are not attending-send questions to Valerie.
- AP Luncheon (April 25th) Invitations coming.
- Subcommittee Updates
- Salary and Benefits - Minutes are available on-line.
- Professional Development Minutes are available on-line.
- Awards Nominations are open now.
- Questions/Concerns from AP Staff Members - None
- Other Business
- Michelle M. to draft a mid-year communication for each group rep to send out. Save the dates. Nominations. Link to question box.
- Discussion of reaching out to adjunct AP staff with one-year appointments with invitation to luncheon and add them to our groups.
- Speaker Presentation: James Moyer, Assistant VP for Facilities Planning
- Facilities Planning is responsible for (among other things): new construction, campus master planning, parking planning, major renovations, furniture purchases, renewal of finishes, capital maintenance, utilities planning, signage, moving (600 this summer), real estate/leases.
- They also review condition of existing buildings and recommend new projects, provide support necessary for accreditation, and monitor local community for cross-impacts.
- Current projects:
- New library available to public in summer term
- Seidman College of Business completion this spring/summer
- AWRI field station & Detroit Center renovation completion in May
- Upcoming projects starting this summer:
- New science labs and classroom complete Summer 2015
- Addition to Ausable complete Summer 2014
- Zumberge addition complete Summer 2014
- Laker Marketplace complete Summer 2015
- 160 other small projects this summer.
- No current plans to expand north of M45; acquisitions in the southern part of campus and somewhat downtown to give future leaders of University room for 50 years of growth.
- Next Meeting: Monday, March 18th, DEV 302E (Guest: Linda Yuhas)
Minutes Submitted: Jennifer Schick