AP Committee Minutes March 18, 2013
Minutes – March 18, 2013
- Present: Michelle McCloud (Chair), Jamie Schlagel, Jennifer Schick, Nicholas Nelson, Valerie Jones, Scott Richardson (ex-officio), Jackie Rautio, Aaron Perry (for Michelle DeWitt), and representatives from other sub-committees
- Absent: Ed Simon, Jim Seufert, Michelle DeWitt, Mike Kluczyk, Kim Walton, Quincy Williams
Approval of Minutes from 2/18/13 – Approved.
- Salary and Benefits No report.
- Professional Development No report.
- Awards Deadline extended to March 27. If having problems with Internet Explorer 9, try another browser.
- Subcommittee Updates
- AP Open Forum (May 8th) – Committee Report
- AP Luncheon (April 25th)– Committee Report
- Questions/Concerns from AP Staff Members (if any) None.
Presentation – Linda Yuhas – AP Job Description module
- AP job description module was developed in response to the Climate Study. AP staff responses to the study showed they were concerned that job descriptions were not available for AP positions.
- Emails are going out to invite AP staff to update their job description online. Open positions in the last two years are already populated. Will have an approval process – supervisor, appointing officer, human resources and affirmative action – then to the GVSU intranet (HR secure – only available through with a GVSU login) – then market analysis (completed by Linda Yuhas).
- Can change as needed. Can change if position becomes open and needs are re-evaluated.
- Not mandatory. May be required by appointing officer or supervisor.
- Listed by title and position number. Not listed by name.
- Expectation is that EPDP job responsibilities and job description would be the same. More general/broad description/not a list of responsibilities.
- Not linked directly with the salary.
- Should discuss required and preferred experience/education with supervisor.
- Greater benefit is to the broader University community. A way for internal candidates to find what is required for a position without having to have direct conversation with person currently in the role and their supervisor.
- Roll out anticipated by the end of the semester.
- Next meeting – (rescheduled) Monday, April 15th, 1-2:30, KC2215. Guest Speaker: Jim Bachmeier.
Minutes Submitted: Jennifer Schick
Page last modified March 6, 2014