AP Committee Meeting Minutes April 15, 2013
Minutes - April 15, 2013
v Present: Michelle McCloud (Chair), Jamie Schlagel, Jennifer Schick, Valerie Jones, Scott Richardson (ex-officio), Jackie Rautio, Jim Seufert
v Absent: Nicholas Nelson, Ed Simon, Michelle DeWitt, Mike Kluczyk, Kim Walton, Quincy Williams
Presentation (1:00pm) – Jim Bachmeier, V.P. Finance and Administration
VP Bachmeier made a detailed presentation to those present and highlighted the following:
- State funding for GVSU is very low.
- GVSU tuition is below average – we are a deal
- Our overall expenditures are low – we are efficient.
- We have outgrown our facilities and need to continue to add space.
- Our performance metrics meet and exceed goals.
- VP Bachmeier made a detailed presentation to those present and highlighted the following:
- AP Luncheon (April 25th) What a great event and turnout. Thanks to the planning committee!
- AP Open Forum (May 8th, 11:30, KC2204) – Committee Report – seeking questions. Committee members to submit potential questions and notify groups those questions can be submitted via the website or to the representatives.
- Elections – Nominations April 29 to May 10 and Voting May 13 to May 17 – please let your group members of open committee spots.
- Salary and Benefits – no update.
- Professional Development – seeking suggestions for upcoming programs.
- Awards – selections have been made.
- Approval of Minutes from 3/18/13. Approved.
- Questions/Concerns from AP Staff Members None.
- Next meeting –Monday, May 20th, 2:30-4:00, DEV302E. Guest Speaker: Matt McLogan.
Minutes Submitted: Jennifer Schick
Page last modified June 25, 2013