Regional Alumni Gatherings Held Throughout the Country
GVSU graduates were invited to connect with other alumni in their area during a series of receptions held in large alumni-population centers throughout the country.
- Charleston, SC - Charleston-area alumni gathered December 3 at the Southend Brewery for a reception, and to hear GVSU updates. Club leader Tammie Hoffman, '90, hosted the group to connect Lakers in the Charleston area. View photos.
- Atlanta, GA - Chase Turner, '04, hosted a reception for Atlanta-area alumni and friends on January 14. University President Thomas J. Haas traveled to the area to give graduates the most up-to-date University news and guests celebrated another stellar Laker athletics season with Athletic Director Tim Selgo, and other athletic department staff members. View photos.
- Tampa, FL - On January 27, club leader, Tara Crow, '97, and Pioneer Class graduate Bob Monaghan, '67, welcomed 26 alumni and friends to the Quorum Hotel for an evening of networking and fun. Attendees enjoyed hearing about new GVSU programs and initiatives including plans for the new Learning and Information Commons. View photos.
- Orlando, FL - Orlando-area alumni had the opportunity to meet with President Haas at a January 28 reception at the Gaylord Palms Hotel. Alumni hosts Jill Kincaid, '88, Diane, '87, and Larry, '90, Reed were among 25 alumni and friends that enjoyed an evening of networking, food and fun. View photos.
- Chicago, IL - Alumni got out of the wind and into the warmth of a local Chicago hot spot for a regional alumni gathering on January 28. Guests gathered at Cafe Ba Ba Reeba! for tapas, drinks, and to connect other area Lakers. Club leaders Brian Dutkiewicz, '02, and Rachel Vanderwiel, '09, hosted nearly 70 guests at the outing where Alumni Champion and avid GVSU supporter, Bill Padnos, '79, shared his passion for contributing to the future of GVSU with his fellow graduates. View photos.