Distinguished Alumni Award CriteriaThe Distinguished Alumni Award Program was started in 1985 by the GVSU Alumni Association to recognize alumni who have made outstanding contributions to society, and whose accomplishments and careers reflect favorably upon Grand Valley. This prestigious award is presented during each Commencement ceremony to alumni nominees selected by a panel of members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Nominations may be made by alumni, faculty, or staff. For further information about this or any GVSU Alumni Award Program, contact Alumni Relations by calling 616-331-3590 or toll-free at 800-558-0541.
A brief summary of the award criteria is shown below. The nominee must:
- Be distinguished in his or her career
- Possess integrity and stature
- Show a continuing interest in GVSU and have contributed to one or more programs
- Be a graduate
- Have demonstrated by his or her actions the importance of the education he/she received at GVSU
- Be graduated for a minimum of ten years
- Be available to attend the award ceremony
- Not be a current member of the GVSU Board of Trustees, Alumni Association Board of Directors, faculty or staff.