Alumni Golfers Raise Funds for Students
More than 90 GVSU alumni and friends came together July 11 for the 2009 GVSU Sleep Inn & Suites All-Alumni Golf Outing to support current Grand Valley students and enjoy the beautiful Meadows Golf Course. Thanks to their generosity and through the support of our valuable sponsors, the outing raised over $2,600 to benefit GVSU students through the Shaping Our Future campaign.
This year marked the first Instructional Program held in conjunction with the outing especially for beginning golfers. A Meadows golf pro provided basic instructions to participants who had a very informative and enjoyable experience.
View event photos.
1st Place Prize with a score of 57 - Bill Cuppy, '95; Kent Kleinschmidt; Todd Schmitt, '93; and Steve Sonnett,
2nd Place Prize with a score of 60 - Randy Carlson; Patrick Franzoi, '91; Jeremy Moog, '93; and Mark Cybowski
3rd Prize (11th Place) with a score of 67 - Jeremy Bakken, '98; Simmon Hahnenberg, '96; Kyle Hilla, '00; and Steve Wade, '00
- Closest to the Pin (Male) - Bill Cuppy, '95
- Closes to the Pin (Female) - Sarah McDonald, '06
- Longest Drive (Male) - Ken Giovannini, '80
- Longest Drive (Female) - Sarah McDonald, '06
- Closest to the Line (Male) - Rob Torrey, '80
- Closest to the Line (Female) - Francie Brown, '79
- Longest Putt (Male) - Bob Huizen
- Longest Putt (Female) - Cheryl Elliott, '89
- Closest to the Utility Pole - Rick Eitman, '79
Special thanks to our generous sponsors who helped make the event possible:
In Memory of Jeff Ireland, '80 (from your friends Francie Brown, '79, Rick Eitman, '79, and Dan Hartlieb, '79)