Student's Role & Responsibilities in Advising
- Give thoughtful consideration to your academic and career goals.
- Prepare a written list of questions before each meeting with your advisor.
- Actively participate in the advising session.
- Ask questions! If you do not understand a policy or procedure, ask questions until you do understand.
- Know the Academic Calendar. Do not miss deadlines. Know when to register and drop or add courses.
- Schedule courses that are consistent with your educational goals and that will meet degree requirements.
- Accept responsibility for making final decisions on academic choices. Academic advisors will present you with options.