Adult Student Resources
While adult students are found in nearly every program offered at GVSU, several programs may be of particular interest. If you're interested in learning more about these programs, please contact the Center for Adult and Continuing Studies at 616-331-7180 or email@example.com
The Evening Bachelors of Business Administration in Management (B.B.A)
Location: Robert C. Pew Campus in Downtown Grand Rapids
This program is designed for students interested in diverse areas of management and allows for combining interests in areas such as human resource management, organizational information systems, and operations management by selecting from a range of courses. You'll work with an advisor to select the appropriate coursework to meet your educational and career goals.
Liberal Studies with Personalized Emphasis Area (B.A. or B.S.)
Location: Robert C. Pew Campus in Downtown Grand Rapids, Allendale Campus, Meijer Campus in Holland, Muskegon Regional Center, and Traverse City Regional Center
Offered through evening, online, and hybrid courses, this major is a great option for returning adult learners, particularly those who have specific career goals and yet are looking for a broad base of learning. Liberal studies is an interdisciplinary major; it brings together coursework from various academic disciplines. The program allows you to work with a faculty advisor in order to design a personal emphasis area that suits your specific interests, talents, or career goals. With liberal studies as a major, you can:
- Choose coursework that best fits your interests and goals.
- Organize your learning around problems, issues, and themes.
- Incorporate courses already taken in various majors or at other universities.
- Integrate your coursework with life experiences and practical applications.
Liberal Studies Leadership Emphasis (accelerated cohort) (B.A. or B.S)
Location: Rober C. Pew Campus in Downtown Grand Rapids and Meijer Campus in Holland
- The 19-month leadership program allows students to develop the skills employers are looking for in a convenient format designed for busy adults!
- One five-week class at a time allows you to focus on specific leadership topics.
- Hybrid class format allows you the convenience of coming to campus only one day a week — the same day each week throughout the 19-month program.
- Strengthen professional and support networks while learning with and from your peers.
- Courses include Leadership for Social Change, Leadership Dynamics, Team Building, Concepts of Management, Social Change and Ethics, Organizational Theory, and more.
Page last modified February 17, 2014