Grand Valley's high quality academic programs are among the state's most admired, and our graduates among the state's most sought-after. Donors and business leaders invest in Grand Valley to ensure a steady source of qualified workers, and vibrant communities for their families. College graduates earn $1,000,000 more in their lifetimes, pay more taxes, and need fewer social services - benefiting themselves and the State of Michigan.
Grand Valley awards and recognitions
- In September 2013, Grand Valley was ranked a best regional university in the Midwest, a top public regional university in the Midwest, and an up-and-coming school in the Midwest by U.S. News and World Report.
- In 2013, Washington Monthly ranked Grand Valley 32nd in the nation in the Master's University category for its contribution to the public good. In the community service subcategory, Grand Valley ranked first in the nation.
- In September 2013, Grand Valley's Seidman College of Business’ part-time M.B.A. program was the highest ranked M.B.A. program in West Michigan. In the state, it is only outranked by University of Michigan.
- In September 2013, Grand Valley's School of Engineering was ranked one of the best undergraduate engineering programs in the country.
- In August 2013, Grand Valley was named one of the Best Universities in the Midwest by The Princeton Review.
- In September 2012, for the 17th year in a row, Grand Valley was named one of America’s 100 Best College Buys by Institutional Research and Evaluation, Inc. in Georgia. Grand Valley has made the list far more times than any other Michigan institution.
- In August 2012, Grand Valley was listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes magazine.
- In August 2012, Grand Valley was named one of the best universities in the Midwest, according to The Princeton Review.
- In April 2012, Grand Valley was named a ‘Green College’ for the third year in a row and listed as one of the country’s most environmentally responsible colleges by The Princeton Review.
- In October 2012, Grand Valley State University’s Seidman College of Business was named by The Princeton Review as one of ‘The Best 296 Business Schools’ for 2013.
- In August 2012, Grand Valley was named one of the country’s greenest universities by Sierra Club, the largest national grassroots environmental organization in the U.S.
- In September 2012, Grand Valley was ranked a top public university in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report.
- In September 2012, for the fourth consecutive year, Grand Valley was named “A Military Friendly School” by G.I. Jobs magazine.
Students build training tool for future surgeons
What started out as a class project evolved into an initiative to help medical residents become successful surgeons. [FULL STORY]
Page last modified September 30, 2013