Program Offerings at Grand Valley
The environmental studies minor provides an academic framework within which students consider the multiple facets of environmental issues.
Students explore the multiple ways by which human society influences, and is influenced by, its natural environment. Finding effective and practical solutions to our environmental problems requires an understanding of their scientific, socio-economic, political, and ethical dimensions.
The environmental studies curriculum covers such topics as:
- Environmental problem solving
- Food and agriculture
- Global climate change
- Green technology
- Land-use and landcover changes
Environmental studies applies to any career, including:
- Alternative and renewable energy
- Environmental education
- Research and development
- Land-use planning
- Communications, media, and awareness
- Natural resource management
- Sustainable development
Why Study Environmental Studies at Grand Valley?
- The minor offers a flexible environmental education curriculum that is compatible with any major.
- There is a focus on environmental problem solving skills and finding sustainable solutions.
- The program provides opportunities to get involved on campus and in local and global communities.
For More Information
Environmental Studies Program
“Through active participation with my community I have gained valuable experience, created new relationships, and made connections that will allow me to practice environmental and social justice in hopes of making a difference in the quality of life for my family and my community.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University