Engineering (Engineering Science)
Engineers are innovators whose designs enhance people’s lives. Students learn how to utilize mathematics, science, and technology to develop new devices, services, and systems with optimal use of resources, from an initial concept to a final product. Engineering innovations include computers, vehicles, robots, artificial heart valves, spacecraft, and smart phones.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles by way of B.S.E. and M.S.E. degree programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional co-op experiences in actual engineering companies. Students can major in:
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Interdisciplinary engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Product design and manufacturing engineering
A degree in engineering involves coursework in:
- Computer aided design
- Computer programming
- Cooperative education
- Your chosen major
The following are just a few career options for engineers:
- Biomedical engineer
- Computer engineer
- Design engineer
- Digital systems engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Energy engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Mechanical engineer
Why Study Engineering (Engineering Science) at Grand Valley?
Students enrolling in an engineering program can expect:
- Personal attention by award winning and caring faculty in all courses and laboratories in our student-oriented, teaching-focused nurturing learning environment.
- Extensive hands-on and project-based learning supported by our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory, and project facilities in programs accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org/.
- Three semesters of paid cooperative-education real-world work experience prior to graduation in renowned engineering companies.
- Tremendous support from our industrial partners who fund many engineering scholarships.
- A nearly 100-percent placement rate into work or graduate school for our graduates.
- An articulated bachelor’s/master’s program that allows high-achieving students to complete both the B.S.E. and the M.S.E. in as little as five calendar years.
For More Information
School of Engineering
“I can directly attribute my success now to the education I got in the School of Engineering.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University