Engineering (Engineering Science)
Engineers are innovators whose designs enhance people's lives. Students learn how to utilize mathematics, science, and technology to develop new devices, services, and systems with optimal use of resources, from an initial concept to a final product. Engineering innovations include computers, vehicles, robots, artificial heart valves, spacecraft, and smart phones.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles by way of B.S.E. and M.S.E. degree programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional co-op experiences in engineering companies.
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Interdisciplinary engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Product design and manufacturing engineering
A degree in engineering involves coursework in:
- Computer aided design
- Computer programming
- Cooperative education
- Your chosen major
The following are just a few career options for engineers:
- Biomedical engineer
- Computer engineer
- Design engineer
- Digital systems engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Energy engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Mechanical engineer
Why Study Engineering at Grand Valley?
- Personal attention by award winning and caring faculty in all courses and laboratories in our student-oriented, teaching-focused nurturing learning environment.
- Extensive hands-on and project-based learning supported by our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory, and project facilities in programs accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org/.
- Three semesters of paid cooperative-education work experience prior to graduation in recognized domestic and international engineering companies.
- Tremendous support from our industrial partners who fund many engineering scholarships.
- Biomedical engineering minor available.
- A nearly 100-percent placement rate into work or graduate school for our graduates. Study/work abroad available.
- An articulated bachelor's/master's program that allows high-achieving students to complete both the B.S.E. and the M.S.E. in as little as five calendar years.
“I can directly attribute my success now to the education I got in the School of Engineering.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University