Engineering, M.S.E./B.S.E. Articulated
- Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E.)
Engineers are innovators whose designs enhance people's lives. The Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E.) endows students with sophisticated education to design complex engineered systems. It thus provides excellent engineers to corporations to drive their innovations, explain to their customers the value of high- tech systems, and sustain their global competitiveness.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
The M.S.E. program focuses on engineering analysis, design, development, manufacturing, and production. Students network with established professionals, work on real-world projects, and choose from the following emphases:
- Biomedical engineering
- Electrical and computer engineering
- Manufacturing engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Product design and manufacturing engineering
The M.S.E degree program involves courses in advanced engineering analysis, work-based projects, and applications for the selected emphasis, arranged in four clusters:
- Chosen emphasis courses
- Capstone experience
- Professional practice
The following are just a few career options for engineers:
- Biomedical engineer
- Computer engineer
- Design engineer
- Digital systems engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Energy engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Mechanical engineer
Why Study Engineering, M.S.E./B.S.E. Articulated at Grand Valley?
Students enrolling in an engineering program at Grand Valley State University can expect:
- Personal attention in small classes and extensive hands-on and project-based learning supported by our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory, and project facilities.
- Excellent engineering opportunities in the West Michigan area, anticipated to improve over the next 10 years because this area, centered in Grand Rapids, is one of the strongest and most innovative technical, manufacturing, and industrial regions of the state.
- Opportunities for Industrial Graduate Assistantships, IGA's, through which graduate students are fully sponsored and paid by one of our industrial partners and are engaged to provide on-site applied research and engineering services to partner companies.
- Articulated bachelor's/master's programs that allow high-achieving students to complete both the B.S.E. and the M.S.E. in as little as five calendar years.
For More Information
School of Engineering
“GVSU is a locally renowned university. The majority of area employers know about it and the quality of the program and its students.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University