- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (B.S.E.)
Electrical engineers are innovators whose designs enhance people’s lives. They integrate the fields of electromagnetics, digital signal processing, and power systems to analyze and solve problems involving electric and electronic systems. Thereby, they can develop a wide range of electrical and electronic technologies for myriad applications, such as power generation and delivery, smart phones and tablets, aviation and aerospace systems, and electric vehicles.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles through B.S.E. and M.S.E programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional experiences in actual engineering companies. Please visit www.gvsu.edu/grad/mse for details of the M.S.E. program.
A degree in electrical engineering involves coursework in:
- Applied electromagnetics
- Circuit analysis
- Cooperative education
- Digital systems
- Electronic circuits
- Power systems analysis
The following are just a few career options for electrical engineers:
- Avionics engineer
- Design engineer
- Digital system engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Electronics engineer
- Network engineer
- Power engineer
- Telecommunication engineer
Why Study Engineering (Electrical) at Grand Valley?
- Program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org/.
- Personal attention in small classes and extensive hands-on and project-based learning in our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory, and project facilities.
- Study/work abroad available.
- Three semesters of paid cooperative-education work experience prior to graduation in recognized domestic and international engineering companies.
- Biomedical engineering minor available.
- Tremendous support from our industrial partners who fund many engineering scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students.
- A nearly 100-percent placement rate into work or graduate school for our graduates.
- An articulated bachelor’s/master’s program that allows high-achieving students to complete both the B.S.E. and the M.S.E. in as little as five calendar years.
For More Information
School of Engineering
“I can directly attribute my success now to the education I got in the School of Engineering.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University