- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (B.S.E.)
Computer engineers are innovators whose designs enhance people's lives. The Computer Engineering field integrates electrical engineering with computer science to analyze and solve problems across these two disciplines. Computer Engineers design computing systems and develop embedded software for applications ranging from avionics to consumer electronics.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles through B.S.E. and M.S.E programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional experiences in actual engineering companies. Please visit www.gvsu.edu/grad/mse for details of the M.S.E. program.
A degree in computer engineering involves coursework in:
- Computer programming
- Data communications
- Circuit analysis
- Digital systems
- Embedded system design
- Software engineering
- Computer architecture
- Cooperative education
The following are just a few career options for computer engineers:
- Embedded system engineer
- Computer engineer
- Digital system engineer
- Software developer
- Hardware engineer
- Network engineer
- Software developer
Why Study Computer Engineering at Grand Valley?
- Program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org/.
- Personal attention in small classes and extensive hands-on and project-based learning in our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory, and project facilities.
- Study/work abroad available.
- Three semesters of paid cooperative-education work experience prior to graduation in recognized domestic and international engineering companies.
- Biomedical engineering minor available.
- Tremendous support from our industrial partners who fund many engineering scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students.
- A nearly 100-percent placement rate into work or graduate school for our graduates.
- An articulated bachelor's/master's program that allows high-achieving students to complete both the B.S.E. and the M.S.E. in as little as five calendar years.
For More Information
School of Engineering
“I can directly attribute my success now to the education I got in the School of Engineering.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University