- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Music (B.M.)
- Bachelor of Music Education (B.M.E.)
The Department of Music and Dance is a center for artistic excellence in musical performance, teaching, and scholarship.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in music promotes the study of music within the context of a liberal education curriculum.
- Bachelor of Music (B.M.) is designed for students with exceptional ability and particular interest in performance.
- Bachelor of Music Education (B.M.E.) prepares students to teach music and meet certification requirements for Michigan's elementary and secondary schools.
A minor is also available.
Why Study Music at Grand Valley?
- As an undergraduate-only program, our students have greater opportunities to learn and perform.
- Because of our small class sizes, faculty members devote careful attention to each student's unique talent and needs.
- Our professors are performers, international competition winners, conductors, composers, theorists, scholars, and acclaimed teachers.
- Grand Valley is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
“I was more than prepared for teaching music after graduating from GVSU.”
“GVSU goes out of their way to help their graduates find and land a job.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University