- Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
The computer science major at Grand Valley State University provides students with the intellectual foundations and experiences necessary to succeed professionally in the computing and information technology field.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in computer science is offered. The diverse elective courses offered within the computer science curriculum allow students to explore specialties within their field, such as:
- Artificial intelligence
- Computer graphics
- Mobile applications
- System security
- Usability design
- Web applications
The computer science program consists of core computer science courses, along with specialized applications. Some of these courses include:
- Computer architecture
- Operating systems
- Programming languages
- Software engineering
Job opportunities in the computing and information technology industry are growing rapidly, particularly in occupations such as:
- Computer programmer
- Network administrator
- Software engineer
- Web domain administrator
- Web programmer/developer
Why Study Computer Science at Grand Valley?
Computing professionals who want to take their expertise or career to the next level can take advantage of Grand Valley's highly-credentialed and well-connected faculty.
- Grand Valley's computer science program offers a number of electives and minors available so students can tailor their education to their interests.
- The theoretical foundation of the computer science curriculum gives students a competitive edge in the job market.
- The extensive internship opportunities available help students gain the practical experience they need to succeed.
- Applied computing curriculum.
For More Information
School of Computing and Information Systems
“My students love my enthusiasm about teaching. They want to go home and code. It's what we do. They're excited about the opportunities that are out there.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University